Before, During and After the moving process there are a number of services we can offer
We have grouped the services available at each stage of the move under the images at the bottom of this page.
In addition there are specific areas in which we have added expertise:
- Liaising with Local Authorities: We have extensive knowledge of the services provided by Local Authorities and experience of working with Social Workers and other Social Care professionals. We can therefore advise you on what care and support you may be entitled to and support you to access this, arranging meetings where applicable.
- Develop Support Plans: If you have had an assessment by Social Care Services and are found eligible, the next step is to develop a support plan. This is a document that is individual to you and identifies how your care and support needs will be met. At Footprints we have experience of helping people to create their own unique support plans and we can assist you too.
- Identifying Benefits: We can advise you on what benefits you may be entitled to and support you to access these.
- Liaising with Health Care Professionals: We have experience of working with Health Care Professionals i.e. Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists etc. we have a clear knowledge of the services they offer and can advise you on the support they may be able to provide (i.e. adaptions to your home). We can liaise with them and arrange meetings as appropriate.
- Liaising with Nursing and Residential Care Establishments: We can liaise with these establishments to ensure a smooth transition.
- Emotional and Psychological Support: We work closely with you to support you through each stage of the move, supporting you with issues of concern, addressing areas of anxiety and confusion. We can support you to settle into your new home by helping you “set up” home, we can recreate floor plans to assist with memory and support you to familiarise with your local community.